Welcome to the surfboard bag revolution.
After years of unnecessary abuse to our gear (and minds), countless bundles of bubble wrap, boards flying off cars, and too many logistical nightmares to recount, we set out to build the best surf bag out there.
The DirtBag is built around bombproof protection and transport functionality.
- Industry-leading padding in a revolutionary surfboard bag. 25mm high-density EVA foam protection around the rails. 20mm PE foam protection along the rocker and 10mm PE foam protection along the deck. You’ll never have to pack bubble wrap again.
- Universal Racking System (URS) *patent pending. Our proprietary URS contains everything you need to rack your bag onto virtually any vehicle’s roof, with or without hard racks. Bottom pads made of 25mm EVA foam provide protection and cushioning for on-roof transportation. 1.5 inch 1,500lb breaking strength cam buckles and 900lb breaking strength straps ensure that your bag is always safely secured.
- Tear and rip resistance. The DirtBag's exterior is sewn from waterproof and tear-resistant 420d Oxford fabric. The interior is made with a military-grade ballistic nylon that was originally invented to protect military pilots from shrapnel. Now it protects your bag from tears, rips, and the elements.
- Wetsuits and accessories pockets. Two accessory pockets and a deep compartment large enough to fit two wetsuits. Pack your clothes with your boards, and everything you need for your trip is contained in one bag.
- Additional Bag Specs:
- Fits 2 boards - up to 6'8''
- Board divider liner
- Strategically placed handles
Note from our founder, Teddy Kahn:
Whether heading to the local break with boards strapped to the roof of my car, or venturing to far out places with board protection at the top of my mind, experience has taught me that the right gear is the difference between an epic trip and epic disappointment.
After years of chasing waves around the globe, broken boards, missed flights, and rooftop-strapping fails, I started building board bags to help me thrive in chaotic environments.
The DirtBag is a manifestation of what I, and our team of engineers and product testers, have learned from experience getting to waves near and far.
Numerous prototypes later, we’ve finally built the ultimate surf bag and are psyched to share it with the surfing world.
What's behind the name?
We are deeply inspired by the dirtbag ethos. Dirtbags are a special breed of people who are so driven to follow their passions for action sports that they sacrifice anything that doesn't provide for more time doing what they love most.
The term originally comes from rock climbers who lived in caves and had no real jobs or steady income, but who found ways to dedicate themselves to their passion for the outdoors.
The term is well applied to surfers who do the same thing. Dirtbags invest in their passions. They depend on reliable, well built gear.
This relentless dedication to action sports and great gear defines the DirtBag Supply Co.